SANTS’ mode of delivery is a distance education model that provides online learning and various forms of support. Students are invited to attend non-compulsory academic support sessions at venues as close to them. SANTS will commence with the Saturday Academic Support Sessions this semester. The focus of the programmes for the sessions will be on Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL). WIL is central to teacher education as it enables you to integrate theoretical and conceptual knowledge gained through your studies with practice-based knowledge. With an academic Tutor, students will have the opportunity to:
• Observe the Tutor who will demonstrate lessons.
• Work in Communities of Practice and prepare lessons.
• Roleplay the presentation of lessons your selves.
• Learn to make and use Learning and Teaching Support Materials (LTSM).
• Understand the information in the WIL Guidelines and Requirements (GR).
• Have fun sharing ideas with student teachers.
The Academic Department met in January 2022 to prepare for these sessions. You will receive more information in due time about the identified venues, so please lookout for this communication.
We hope to see you at these sessions as the staff of SANTS will be visiting.
We all know that it takes a village to raise and educate a child and SANTS is ready to assist you with this very important task!